Hotel Jen Penang Review by a Malaysian Mommy Blogger

After Farissa got back from her 3 weeks stay at Nenma house, Mr Bob and I decided to drive up to Penang and have a blast scouting for the best of foods there. We didn't have ample of time to research, but a day before the trip I did some googling and narrowed down some places that we could try out.
 
We booked a room through booking.com and decided to stay at Georgetown instead of Batu Feringghi as our trip in February we will spend ample of time by the beach. :) We've made an excellent choice by staying at their Club floor. The only down side that all Non Smoking room were fully booked so we had to stay in the Smoking ones. I could deal *I think*.
 
Now, if you are thinking of staying at Hotel Jen, spend slightly more for their Club Floor rooms. It is on the 17th floor and the club lounge is on the 16th. You are able to dine in for breakfast in this lounge (which means you do NOT need to fight over breakfast with a lot of other patrons). We've stayed at the most peak period (which was on Christmas eve and day) but it looks quite relaxing during our stay. Yippie!!
 
We've used the swimming pool every afternoon, small and cramped with a lot of people. But if you are there just to have fun splashing with your kids, it is ok I guess. Although some guest did try to do their swim training and one kicked me on my side. :( I like the pool time and the kids LOVES it too).
 
Christmas tree at their hotel lobby
 
Super comfortable bed although the pillows are on the soft side *which I don't really like*

Bathroom is a bit dated but clean and functional

This I like... Toiletries bag that I could slip in my luggage *this is refreshed every single day

Ironing.. crucial for those wearing hijabs for sure..

Extra pillows

Qiblat right in the closet


Ginger bread house at the reception area.. both of the kids wanted a taste of it.. :p


The Club Lounge was really cosy. 4 people seating are really hard to get by. I think there was like only 2 tables with 4 seating other were for 3 people. Really odd.


It was dark out because we had our breakfast at around 6.45am.. Haha!

Yeah a box of cocoa crunch for 28 ringgit.. That was the kids breakfast buffet price..
Farissa won't even get anything else after she finished her bowl

This one eats for free
My recommendation is if you are here in Penang, you should definitely try out Hotel Jen. Their service was really personalized and warm. I wouldn't even think twice booking here if we were ever in Penang again.
 
 
 


Comments