Our Latest Visit to Sarawak

When I first married Mr. Bob, I knew that he is from Sarawak. His dad was a teacher and his mom was a nurse. I never questioned more about this background nor his heritage as it never occurred to me that I needed to know. All I know is that Mr. Bob is a decent man, he likes me a lot, he is chinese looking *my taste does revolves with chinese artist lookalike*, he gets me and was really patience. Please remember the patience part ok.

We knew each other ever since I was in my first year of Uni and he was at the last semester. So up till now, Alhamdullilah it has been about 13 years of relationship. We get along great especially with the kids. I remembered the first time I went back to Sarawak to Mr. Bob's kampung. Boy, I was really in shocked. But I never showed it, I sucked it up and pretend that I was used to the environment.


Kiddos waiting patiently at the airport

You see, I once had a kampung myself. But it was long ago. I was in my primary school years and yes, I loved it. I couldn't recall clearly how it must have been but I remembered having so much fun with my cousins and the anticipation every time we were to return back to it. We used to plan with the with sand covering my kampung land chasing chickens and exploring the farm behind the house.

Kampung living room

Now, fast forward many years later. I really don't like the kampung. Why? Well, let just say I couldn't bear the earthiness of it all *sound snobbish* But Mr. Bob grew up here and the kids, loved it here. Just last week, Farissa was actually begging me to stay longer in the kampung. I could handle the house but couldn't handle the toilet quiet well. Somehow, I will really try to hold everything in me until we got back to town *really torturing*. 

Praying and resting area here.. Steep steps in front!

Anyway, we got back to town in one piece and all was well. We overnight in the kampung for only a day. Which was fine by me as I think this was the maximum time I could handle it. By the fourth day, we traveled back to Miri but as usual had to go through Brunei.

Time to eat already? Nasi Katok is here.

Heyya! A stopover, we had a go for Nasi Katok. Sounds legit. It's actually some steamed rice and fried chicken. Serve with some sweet sambal or spicy sambal. Like the nasi kukus here in KL but way cheaper. It cost only 1 Brunei dollar. The verdict? Very nice but the portion are quiet small. If you fried some veggies to go together with it. Yummier!!

Ady placing an order.

Ok, that's the end of our trip. Well just hope that the next trip will be in a year time. :) Oh yes, before I forgot, remember the part about patience? Well, I came a conclusion (this was years back) that Mr. Bob was trained to be very patient because he has a very tough dad. So tough that at times I would think that he is quiet insensitive towards others feelings. I said enough. I love you Mr. Bob, no matter what. Oh yes, and the kids adore you too!

Ruzain couldn't stand the hot sun *putera lilin* :p



Comments